Sunday, March 1, 2015

Post-GAD, Post-You're In Ireland, Blues

I swear to Cthulhu we hadn't been drinking when we took this.
And, yet again, I am home from GAD and feeling completely and utterly wrecked.

It's official, I'm sick. Scratchy throat, coughing, who-knows-what all up in my sinuses. Thankfully, it didn't hit full force until this morning (Sunday). The alcohol last night probably didn't help. But, yes, I ended up in the bar at the Sonesta with those three yahoos in the picture and the USAD CEO. Turns out he's from West Virginia, too, and between the two of us, there was enough alcohol involved to induce giggling. Plus? I may have volunteered myself to help jumpstart USAD back in W(bG)V*.

I hope he remembers nothing because I'm not ready to help start up WVAD, much less a GAD team at Etowah. LAWD HEP!!!

At any rate can I just state that the hand-grading of over 1,000 Scantrons sucked? Lots? That scoring room was packed, PACKED I TELL YOU, with student volunteers. If it weren't for Maureen and those kids, we would have been sunk. Then, poor Annette had to hand-enter the scores. It's awful when your primary and backup Scantron machines fail simultaneously. John V has promised new electronic toys for next year. Until then, 2015 will go down in the annals of GAD history as the year we all quietly panicked and then pulled it off by the skin of our teeth. By the way? The coaches have NO clue. This is a secret we all take to our graves. Sign your name in blood at the bottom and we'll see you March 20th.

Marc was sick, as well, and Saturday morning he sounded like Barry White. Those soft, low, dulcet tones sounded so out of place coming out of his mouth and I had to snicker every time he asked Cary or Michelle a question. And Jeff said to tell you hello! He was so sad you had to leave early and he showed up at the bar ready to talk NASCAR with you! Poor thing. :(

OK. I've got to unpack, finish my thank you notes (STUPID SCANTRONS!) and get busy. Either that or I'm taking a nap. I hope all is well in Ireland!

Slán, ya'll!

*West (by God) Virginia!

No comments:

Post a Comment