Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Imma Have To Eat Me Some Chocolate

Tonight was a first. I couldn't find Heath. I had dinner ready on the table at 5:45 and Jarrod was already at home. Heath had strolled in five minutes before and I sent him out to get Amelia because he knew where she was. Five minutes later, Amelia comes in.

No Heath.

I texted Kim and she told me that Paige and Bella weren't home today. Amelia told me that she was hiking around in the woods behind Kim's house when Heath hollered at her from the hill and told her to come home. I, then, proceeded to march up the street to go find his butt. He wasn't at Kim's, wasn't behind her house in the woods. Knocked on Chase's door. "Is Heath here?" Nuh-huh.

So then? I started to panic. I went back home, freaked out, and asked Amelia and Jarrod "ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS?!? BECAUSE HE'S NOWHERE!!!!!"

I sent Kim a text telling her my predicament. She met me in front of her house and we proceeded to look at the woods from her deck. I went out her front door, up the hill toward the grey house at the entrance of Mercer Drive, where young 4-year-old Abby visits her grandmother on Mondays and Tuesdays. I KNOW he can't be there because I had a long discussion with them that included the words, "You don't go up to Abby's grandmother's house unless you tell me first because I can't see you up there and have no clue where you are." I mean, this is Heath. He wouldn't disobey me, right? But, the alternative was that he was kidnapped, injured, or dead. Because he can't be there. He's the good one who listens. Which means he's gone. Poof.

Kim was calling for him in her cul-de-sac and around the woods and I was chanting, "NotHeathNotHeathNotHeathNotHeath!" all the way up that hill. I rang DeDe's bell...

And there was Heath, bounding down the stairs.

So, yeah. He's grounded for a week. And I couldn't decide whether to kiss him or pound him.

Instead, I lectured him and went upstairs to my closet and cried while Tyler finished said lecture.

They're all safely in bed, lesson learned.

And I'm going to drown my motherhood sorrows in dark chocolate and peanut butter.

Or, I'll break into your house for some Moscato. Whatevs.

Slán, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment