Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dude. I Get It. I Didn't Post Yesterday.

It's probably a good thing I didn't post yesterday. I was rocketing down a spiral of cold, UTI, and finding out that some random Canadian TV producer thought I didn't have a personality. I did a bunch of crying, a whole lot of nose-blowing, and mucho freebasing of Cipro. I think the third grade teachers knew I was unhappy/not feeling well because when I went to help Mrs. Videkovich, practically everyone asked, "How are you?" Dude. Usually, no one talks to me when I'm there. I probably looked awful.

So, after a highly-emotional blog post at my other blog, a long text message exchange with Clint (who was chosen for a face-to-face interview with the Canadians) during which he got where I was coming from, and a long Facetime phone call with cousin Jennifer (during which we bashed all TV producers and all boyfriends), I felt somewhat better. Then, I decided to inhale some Advil PM and face the day with a full night's sleep, which I haven't had in over a week.

I feel MUCH better. That Canadian TV producer can go you-know-what herself.

Anyway, Mom has a new car. She went to the Honda dealership to see if she could extend the lease on her other Civic and they gave her a new one instead. And now she wants to ask Tyler for a loan. I may spend the evening with Randall because THAT'S going to go over like a lead balloon.

Speaking of lead, I was at the Bascomb book fair today (where NO ONE asked me how I was feeling, so I must look less heinous) and picked up the above book for the kids. Oh, who am I kidding? I got it for myself, too. Maybe if you're nice to me, I'll let you slobber all over it when you get home. It's pretty kickin'!

I saw Randall outside today as we were getting our mail. Sadly, he wasn't wearing a lampshade over his head, or dragging a case of beer behind him, or being followed by a passel of strippers. I informed him, in a voice dripping with disgust, that he's doing this whole "wife is out-of-town" thing wrong. Sad, really.

Did you know that you can watch PBS Frontline episodes on YouTube? HOLYCRAPIT'STHEBESTTHINGEVER! I will be eating chocolate in front of my computer tonight as I watch "The Vaccine War." *Facepalm* I am such a dork.

So, there you have it. All the goings-on (or lack thereof) in the Wellesley Crest cul-de-sac. Talk to you tomorrow!

Slán, ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment