Thursday, March 5, 2015

Of Twitter, Fevers, and Solitary Confinement

So, I lied. I did not watch the Frontline about vaccines. I instead watched the Frontline about solitary confinement use in America's prisons.

Um... wow. The old adage, "If you treat someone like an animal, they will become an animal" is really very true. And I don't see how those guards and nurses get through their days without nightmares and just horrible, awful stress.

Then, Heath woke up with a raging fever. No strep, no ear infections, just fever. He wasn't in school today (Thursday) and he likely won't be going in tomorrow. Poor baby. But, he's my low-maintenance sick kid. Amelia and Jarrod can be a bit dramatic.

Mom was over this evening and asked Tyler for money, to which he was like, "Ppppppffffffftttttthhhhhhzzzzzzz!" So, yeah. Awkward.

I just spent an hour going through the Systems Atlanta twitter account, weeding out those reps and senators we followed because they were on aviation subcommittees, but now aren't, and adding on the newbies. I was REALLY hoping Ted Cruz had moved to a different committee. Alas. I did, at least, mute his ridiculousness. *Shiver*

And, that's about it. Here's a link to a video I found immensely funny. I have no idea why. I just find that random people doing stupid, random stuff in public enormously funny.

And here's a picture of Andy napping. Jus'cuz.

No comments:

Post a Comment